Thursday, December 22, 2011

drippy birdhouse

I was so happy with this new birdhouse. I just received my inks and was happy with the way it came out over the pyrographed feathers. I sprayed it with a sealer and went to put it in the truck and then I saw IT!!!! The sealer had dissolved some of the ink and it ran and blobbed. WAH! Now I have to sand it and fix it.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Cheap looms

This is one of the little frame looms I've been making for my weaving class. I've been trying them out as I go and actually made something on this one. Works really well. Just goes to show, if you don't have $700 for a small loom or $1500 for a floor loom, you can make your own!
I'll be putting up descriptions and pictures under the "Make your own frame loom" tab.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Miss Mousie's House

Miss Mousie's House is actually a dried pumpkin! Ramona is a whiz at drying things and she gave me this one to see what I could do....(with my fat fingers....)

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A new project

 Meet Moss!
He is my new project. He doesn't live with me, but is technically mine. It was a sort-of, almost rescue situation. He's a sweetie and very smart. And, yes, he is a Border collie.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Undergoing another change

I know the name change will be confusing. It's just that I've changed blogs so many times and I don't want to change again. I just have to come up with a way to change names without actually changing anything....uh....

Saturday, December 10, 2011

First Hooking project

This is my very first hooking wall hanging from an old photo of my Sheltie, JoJo. I used yarn instead of wool strips because that's what I had and found out it's an acceptable material. I did use the wrong backing which made it more difficult to hook, but it did work. Next time - monk's cloth! I'd change a few things, but overall, I'm pleased with the results. The next one will be a picture of Sarah.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011


This is the gourd birdhouse that I made last week and sold on Saturday. I burned in the outline then colored with colored pencil and buffed like mad! Then 4 coats of varnish.