Saturday, April 21, 2012

Ragtime Wren - December 28, 1997 - April 21, 2012


Wren was the last of the litter to be born in the little camper. She was always a pretty girl and very talented on sheep. I didn't train her as much as I should have. She was very soft and would freeze up if she thought I was upset with her. I was working with Rueben and both of her parents at the time so she didn't go to trials with us. She was a great dog for herding demos though. When we were running a sled team, she was one of the ones who went to races. She was fast and determined.

Except for a tendency to fight with her sister, she was a sweet dog and never caused any trouble. But those two would scrabble even as they got older - until Sarah died.

This morning, we went out for our usual walk. She stopped and slowly sank to the ground. I sat beside her until it was over. It was peaceful sitting there on a beautiful spring morning. But I will miss her so much. Now that whole litter is gone. 

I can't remember how long it has been since I only had two dogs. It has its benefits. I can take the two boys with me and not worry about getting home to let anyone out. But a big part of my life is over.




No comments:

Post a Comment