Sunday, July 8, 2012

Lichen Dye

I started a fermentation batch of lichen dye. I read that I was supposed to let it sit for about four weeks. I'm determined to let it do its thing, but I forgot to write down when I started it. I have no idea now if it has been two weeks or four weeks. It could be six weeks for all I know. I read that most people don't let it sit long enough so I'm hanging in there as long as I can. I doubt that I'll get a real red, but the redder the better, as they say....

I tried to be careful with lichen and not gather anything that might be endangered. I stuck to the stuff that grows on branches that would blow off during a storm. I brought them in, dried them and stored them until I had enough for a batch. I might have to do a teensy bit just to see what it looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment